Saturday, September 29, 2012


Sparkman High School photo class has field trip to Nashville and Westlight Studios for a third trip. Erick Mittman is a fine instructor who has a passion for teaching his students photography.
I am very surprised every time how much these 
high school student know about photography. The new student on Canon AE1 and Pentax K1000 film cameras and advanced on digital. I heard a large group outside the Westlight studio in the Nashville location and went out to see what was going on. They said they were a high school class taking a field trip to Nashville, so I invited the teacher and students in to see the studio and play with some of the lights we use and make. I talk to them about the business, gear and my experience as a photographer.
It feels good to open Westlight to the future photographers

No comments:

Post a Comment